- This event has passed.
Packrafting Safety Course
July 10, 2021 @ 9:00 am - July 11, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
Are you ready to explore an Alaska that most people will never see? This is the place to start. We will spend two full (and fun) days introducing, practicing and refining new skills. These skills will build the foundation for everything you learn later.
Here a few of the things we cover:
- Appropriate equipment and gear
- river types, and classes
- how to locate information about local rivers
- how to choose an appropriate river
- introduction to hydrology
- safety and rescue techniques
- strokes and maneuvers
Venue: Class 1-2
Who is it for? Everyone
What you need to bring: Drysuit, PFD, paddle, helmet, pack raft. No gear? No problem – Equipment may be available at an additional cost. Please contact us to check availability.